Margin Partners Empower Suppliers To Increase Their Net-Margin.
B2B SUPPLIERS TYPICALLY OPERATE IN ONE OF FOUR CATEGORIES
Three filters are used to diagnose how ‘Switched-On’ a supplier is to optimise their client profit:
- Contract Compliance – Are customers kept compliant to their Contracted obligations?
- Extra Revenue – Do extra services incur extra fees or are they given as ‘freebies’?
- Cost to Serve – Are cross-functional teams proactively driving down service costs?
The ‘Switched-On Strategy’ is a three-step, nine accelerator program that empowers Suppliers to thrive.
The Three Steps:
- Know your total cost to serve
- Supply on your terms, not theirs
- Teach customers how to treat you
“Since the early 1990’s, Australians have witnessed a progressive revolution in customer service ethos across both B-C, B-B and Government-c channels. We’ve moved away from the old world customer indifference model to a new found enthusiasm for ‘the customer experience’, with more and more organisations wearing their Net Promoter Scores as a badge of honour in the customer service stakes.
While this is arguably a good thing, over the years the margin pendulum has swung a little too far in the direction of the customer. Take Back Your Margin! is a timely wake-up call to anyone in business.
After reading Paul’s book, you will be emboldened and empowered to pursue fair value for your products and services, in a way that engenders respect and trust.”
“Through his approach and insights, both sides were able to deliver the value that their respective companies demanded. A more connected and better-articulated relationship was built—laying the foundation for a more robust global alliance.
As a highly experienced procurement expert who has worked globally in the FMCG environment, I can recommend Paul’s innovative approach for unlocking sources of untapped value for both sides of the negotiation table. Take Back Your Margin is a must-read for buyers and sellers in any B2B context.”
Richard van Breda
Global Category Director, SABMiller Procurement
In this groundbreaking book for business-to-business suppliers, you’ll discover:
- How failure to hold your customers accountable compounds margin erosion
- Why your sales team should never be solely responsible for the customer
- How suppliers allow their value proposition to be undervalued
- Why customer contracts should not be kept confidential
- How procurement people manage to cut supplier revenue by -3% each year
Founded by Paul Allen and based in Melbourne & Auckland, Margin Partners works with B2B Suppliers to help them reclaim and grow their contracted customer Net-Margin entitlements.
Paul is an accomplished commercial Director who has leveraged a classic Fast Moving Consumer Goods pedigree to significant effect across multiple Business to Business categories. Paul has held senior management roles at Lion, Tabcorp, Patties Foods, Australian Paper & O-I Glass.